The Memphis Grizzlies (18-49) and the Chicago Bulls (23-44) square off at FedExForum. The Grizzlies are 1-point favorites and will try to put an end to their 18-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Grizzlies lost big to the Milwaukee Bucks, 121-103, while the Bulls fell to the Los Angeles Clippers, 112-106.
Chicago had a much better turnover percentage (7.7 vs. 13.0) while Memphis had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 13.7). Marc Gasol played well for Memphis, recording 17 points and seven rebounds. Bobby Portis, meanwhile was a key piece for Chicago with 19 points and nine rebounds.
It could be a tough game for Memphis on the offensive glass. The Grizzlies currently rank 16th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.0 percent), while Chicago ranks second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.9 percent).
A little over half of the Bulls’ games have finished over the projected point total. Chicago heads into the game with records of 23-44 straight up (SU) and 34-30-3 against the spread (ATS).
Grizzlies games have typically finished under the total (56.7 percent). Further, Memphis owns records of 18-49 SU and 27-37-3 ATS.
Dillon Brooks has taken his game to another level as of late for Memphis, averaging 18.8 points over the last five games.
In their first matchup this year, Kris Dunn led the Bulls to a 119-110 win. He recorded 21 points and nine assists. Chicago covered as a 4-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 229 points, which was well over the projected point total of 211.5. One of Chicago’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Memphis had 25.
Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while the Bulls rank 14th (44.7).
- Memphis ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (21.5) while Chicago ranks 28th (25.4).
- The Grizzlies rank 10th in three pointers allowed per game (27.7) while the Bulls rank 28th (31.5).
- Chicago ranks third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Memphis ranks 18th (7.9).
- Chicago ranks 13th in fast break points allowed per game (11.5) while Memphis ranks 25th (13.9).
- The Bulls rank seventh in rebounds per game (44.7) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (40.4).
- The Grizzlies rank 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while the Bulls rank 27th (14.9).
- Chicago ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while Memphis ranks seventh (11.4).
- Memphis ranks 11th in blocks per game (4.9) while Chicago ranks last (3.6).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Memphis is 11-11 and Chicago is 6-6.
- The Grizzlies are 13-19 when they reach 100 points, while the Bulls are 21-21.
- Memphis is 14-20-1 ATS at home, while Chicago is 16-16-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 23 of the Grizzlies’ 35 home games, while 20 of the Bulls’ 33 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Chicago and Memphis have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Grizzlies are 1-4.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 93.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (5.7 above their season average).