The Chicago Bulls (18-33), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Staples Center to go head-to-head against the Los Angeles Clippers (25-25). Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Clippers Odds Preview
In the Bulls last matchup, they lost to the Portland Trail Blazers, 124-108. With 23 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Zach LaVine was Chicago’s leading scorer. Portland did a terrific job of making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent). Chicago, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 5.2 (better than their season average of 12.1).
The Clippers are hoping for a better outcome after their 104-96 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers in their last game. With 15 points and seven rebounds, Montrezl Harrell had a solid game for Los Angeles. Portland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.5 (above their season average of 23.0). Los Angeles, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Los Angeles figures to have a substantial advantage. The Clippers defense ranks ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514), while the Chicago offense is ranked 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.502).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Clippers won both meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Los Angeles won 101-91. The Clippers turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bulls. Los Angeles had a rate of 13.2, while Chicago posted a mark of 17.1.
Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Bulls average 44.8 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Clippers rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Chicago ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (14.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in blocks per game (4.9) while Chicago ranks 27th (3.7).
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while Chicago ranks 27th (14.4).
- On the road, Chicago is 15-10-1 ATS with 17 overs and 9 unders.
- Los Angeles is 13-13 ATS at home with 15 overs, 10 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Los Angeles is 10-2 and Chicago is 6-5.
- The Clippers are 23-17 when they score over 100 points, while the Bulls are 16-16.
- The Bulls rank sixth in assists per game (23.8) while the Clippers rank 20th in assists allowed per game (23.7).
- Los Angeles ranks third in points in the paint per game (49.2) while Chicago ranks 26th (41.1).
- The Clippers rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.5) while the Bulls rank 26th (10.4).
- The Clippers rank 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while the Bulls rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (31.3).
- Chicago ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (8.4).
- Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 117.8 points per game (8.5 above their season average).