The Houston Rockets (60-14) welcome the Chicago Bulls (24-49) to Toyota Center. The Rockets are 17.5-point favorites and have won their last nine games, while the Bulls have lost five consecutive games. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 218 points and it will air on ATTSN Southwest at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Chicago Bulls vs. Houston Rockets ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Rockets won big over the Atlanta Hawks, 118-99, while the Bulls lost big to the Detroit Pistons, 117-95.
The Rockets, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.553, had a phenomenal mark of 0.600 and had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 12.2). Chicago, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 12.0). James Harden led the way for Houston with 18 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds to register his third triple-double this year. Chicago was led by Jerian Grant, who had 10 points and 10 assists.
Houston could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Rockets currently rank first in offensive efficiency, while Chicago ranks 27th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Bulls rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.5 percent), while the Rockets rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (80.0 percent).
Of the Bulls 73 games, 40 have finished over the total. Chicago comes into the contest with records of 24-49 straight up (SU) and 36-34-3 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Chicago, Rockets games have a slight tendency to go under the total (54.1 percent). Additionally, Houston owns records of 60-14 SU and 39-33-2 ATS.
Cristiano Felicio has really been playing well recently for Chicago, averaging 12.6 points and 7.0 rebounds over the last five games.
In their first matchup this season, Clint Capela led the Rockets to a 116-107 win. He registered a double-double with 15 points and 16 rebounds. The two teams combined to score 223 points, which was just over the projected point total of 220, and Houston covered as a 6-point favorite. Houstons rebounding was their biggest strength. The Rockets had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. three), defensive rebounds (40 vs. 34) and total rebounds (51 vs. 37).
Chicago Bulls vs. Houston Rockets Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 14th in fast break points per game (11.8) while the Rockets rank 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.7).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (42.3) while Chicago ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (31.8).
- The Rockets rank 10th in assists allowed per game (22.6) while the Bulls rank 27th (25.7).
- Houston ranks fifth in steals per game (8.5) while Chicago ranks 21st (7.4).
- Chicago ranks 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.8) while Houston ranks 28th (48.5).
- The Rockets rank third in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while the Bulls rank 28th (45.7).
- The Rockets rank 16th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Bulls rank last (3.6).
- Houston ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while Chicago ranks 26th (14.7).
- Houston is 29-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Chicago is 6-6.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Rockets are 58-11 and the Bulls are 22-24.
- Chicago is 17-18-1 ATS on the road, while Houston is 15-20-1 ATS at home.
- In 36 road games, the Bulls have 22 overs and 14 unders.
- In 36 home games, the Rockets have 18 overs and 18 unders.
- The Rockets are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bulls are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Houston has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Chicago has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 100.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.8 points per game (8.7 above their season average).