The Chicago Bulls (18-34), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Golden 1 Center to meet the Sacramento Kings (16-36). Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Chicago Bulls vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Preview
The Bulls lost to the Los Angeles Clippers in their last outing, 113-103. With 21 points on 6-for-18 shooting, Zach LaVine was Chicago’s high scorer. Los Angeles did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (24-28; 85.7 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.4 vs. 11.5).
In the Kings last matchup, they were topped by the Dallas Mavericks, 106-99. With 14 points and eight rebounds, Sacramento’s Willie Cauley-Stein played well. Dallas did an excellent job of making free throws (11-14; 78.6 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.573 (above their season average of 0.503).
It could be a tough game for Sacramento on the offensive glass. The Kings currently rank 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.4 percent), while Chicago ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (80.9 percent).
Of Chicago’s 52 games, 28 have finished over the projected point total, while 27 of Sacramento’s 52 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bulls have a significant advantage. They are 18-34 SU and 28-21-3 ATS, while the Kings are 16-36 SU and 21-28-3 ATS.
De’Aaron Fox has been excellent over the last five games for Sacramento, averaging 15.6 points and 3.4 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 213 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 195.5. The Kings won 107-106, covering as 1-point favorites. The Kings dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.129 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1. The Bulls were 0.100 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats. Zach Randolph recorded a double-double with 25 points and 13 rebounds.
Chicago Bulls vs. Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank 18th in points in the paint per game (43.2) while the Bulls rank 27th (41.0).
- Sacramento ranks 22nd in points off turnovers per game (15.6) while Chicago ranks 27th (14.3).
- Sacramento ranks 18th in second chance points per game (11.5) while Chicago ranks 25th (10.5).
- Chicago is 15-11-1 ATS on the road, while Sacramento is 9-14 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 13 of the Kings’ 23 home games, while 17 of the Bulls’ 27 road games have gone over.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Chicago is 6-5 and Sacramento is 10-4.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Kings are 11-12 and the Bulls are 16-17.
- The Bulls average 11.2 fast break points per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Kings rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (12.4).
- Chicago ranks seventh in rebounds per game (44.8) while Sacramento ranks 29th (40.0).
- The Bulls average 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Kings rank 29th in three pointers allowed per game (31.4).
- The Kings rank 26th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Bulls rank last (3.7).
- Chicago ranks seventh in assists per game (23.8) while Sacramento ranks 28th (20.9).
- Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 0-5 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 102.2 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.0 points per game (4.7 above their season average).