Central Division foes will collide when the Milwaukee Bucks (15-11) take on the Chicago Bulls (7-20) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 204.5 points with Milwaukee opening as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
The Bulls won a close one over the Utah Jazz in their last contest, 103-100. Nikola Mirotic was Chicago’s leading scorer with 29 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.151 (above their season average of 0.144) and a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 12.3). For those same stats, Utah put up marks of 0.077 and 14.5, respectively.
In the Bucks last matchup, they were defeated by the New Orleans Pelicans, 115-108. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 13-for-24 shooting. New Orleans was lights out from beyond the arc (13-25; 52.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, forced the Pelicans into a turnover percentage of 19.5 (above their season average of 14.2).
Milwaukee should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Milwaukee ranks fourth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.3 percent), while Chicago forces the fewest turnovers (12.7 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Chicago games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while games including Milwaukee have gone over 57.7 percent of the time. The Bucks hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (15-11 vs. 7-20), but the Bulls have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (13-11-3 vs. 11-12-3).
Kris Dunn has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Chicago, averaging 16.4 points, 7.0 assists, 5.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Bucks won three out of four games last season. In the most recent contest, Chicago won 109-94. The Bulls offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bucks. Chicago had a rate of 28.6, while Milwaukee posted a mark of 18.8.
Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 11th in rebounds per game (44.6) while the Bucks rank last (38.2).
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (21.9) while Chicago ranks 25th (24.3).
- Milwaukee ranks ninth in points in the paint per game (46.1) while Chicago ranks 27th (38.7).
- Chicago ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.5) while Milwaukee ranks 12th (12.1).
- Chicago is 7-6-1 ATS on the road with 8 overs and 6 unders.
- At home, Milwaukee is 5-6-2 ATS with 6 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- Milwaukee is 6-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Chicago is 3-5.
- The Bucks are 12-5 when they score more than 100 points, while the Bulls are 6-6.
- The Bulls rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while the Bucks rank 27th (24.1).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.4) while Chicago ranks 28th (3.6).
- The Bucks rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while the Bulls rank 27th (13.9).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (6.7) while the Bulls rank 11th (10.5).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in steals per game (8.6) while Chicago ranks 25th (7.0).
- Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has been defeated by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 106.0 points per game (8.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (6.5 below their season average).