The Indiana Pacers (19-19), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Chicago Bulls (14-25) to Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Chicago Bulls at Indiana Pacers Betting Preview
In the Bulls last contest, they edged the Dallas Mavericks, 127-124. Kris Dunn was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 12-for-17 shooting. Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.152) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (above their season average of 20.1). For those same stats, Dallas had marks of 0.130 and 17.1, respectively.
The Pacers are trying to rebound after their 122-101 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last game. With 15 points, seven rebounds and five assists, Lance Stephenson played well for Indiana. Milwaukee did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (25-28; 89.3 percent). Indiana, meanwhile, forced the Bucks into a turnover percentage of 15.5 (above their season average of 12.1).
The high-powered offense of Indiana will square off against the mid-tier defense of Chicago. The Pacers currently rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Bulls are 21st in defensive efficiency. The Pacers should have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Bulls, who rank 29th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.156), will face off against the Pacers, who rank first in opponents FTA rate (0.161).
Of Chicago’s 38 games with betting action, 21 have finished over the O/U total, while 20 of Indiana’s 38 games have finished under the projected point total. The Pacers have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (19-19 vs. 14-25), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Indiana is 20-18, while Chicago is 21-14-3 ATS.
Lauri Markkanen has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Chicago, averaging 19.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the Pacers leading the series two games to one. Markkanen scored a game-high 32 points in the most recent game, in which the Bulls defeated the Pacers 119-107, covering as 2-point favorites. He also recorded seven rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 226 points, which was 21 points above the projected point total of 205 points. Chicago’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Indiana. The Bulls had a rate of 0.612 while the Pacers posted a mark of 0.500.
Chicago Bulls vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while the Pacers rank 25th (25.0).
- Indiana ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (43.0) while Chicago ranks 26th (45.3).
- Indiana ranks 14th in points in the paint per game (43.6) while Chicago ranks 27th (40.5).
- Chicago averages 10.8 second chance points per game, which ranks 23rd in the league. Indiana ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Chicago is 11-7-1 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 10-10 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 13 of the Bulls 19 road games, while 12 of the Pacers 20 home games have gone under.
- Indiana is 9-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Chicago is 5-5.
- The Pacers are 17-8 when they reach the century mark, while the Bulls are 12-10.
- The Pacers rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.2) while the Bulls rank 17th (9.9).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while Chicago ranks 29th (14.1).
- The Bulls average 23.7 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Pacers rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.2).
- The Pacers rank 19th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Bulls rank 29th (3.6).
- Indiana ranks 11th in steals per game (7.8) while Chicago ranks 25th (7.0).
- Indiana is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pacers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 118.2 points per game (16.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.6 points per game (11.1 above their season average).