The Chicago Bulls (19-52) travel to Talking Stick Resort Arena to square off with the Phoenix Suns (17-54). The Bulls are 3-point underdogs and look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Arizona at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, March 18, 2019.
Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
The last time the Suns played, they just got past the New Orleans Pelicans, 138-136, as 4.5-point underdogs. The Bulls, on the other hand, were thoroughly outplayed by the Sacramento Kings, 129-102, and were not able to cover as 9-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Phoenix game went 39 points over the projected point total of 235, while the Chicago game went 1 point over the projected point total of 230.
The Suns, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.511, had a great mark of 0.555 and had a free throw rate of 0.270 (above their season average of 0.200). Chicago, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.159 vs. 0.126). Devin Booker played well for Phoenix, putting up 40 points, 13 assists and five rebounds. Zach LaVine, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Chicago with 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Jabari Parker led the Bulls to a 124-116 win. He notched a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Chicago covered as a 1.5-point underdog and the two teams combined for 240 points, which was well over the projected point total of 217.5. Chicago’s 0.259 free throw rate was their largest strength over Phoenix, who had a rate of 0.102.
Bulls games have gone under the projected point total 54.3 percent of the time. Chicago heads into the contest with records of 19-52 straight up (SU) and 31-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Suns are involved, as 40 of their 70 games have finished under the total. Further, Phoenix is 17-54 SU and 33-38 ATS.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Chicago. Chicago ranks 22nd in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.6 percent), while the gambling defense of Phoenix forces the fourth-most turnovers in the NBA (14.9 percent).
Chicago Bulls vs. Phoenix Suns Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Suns, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Suns rank 18th in assists per game (24.0) while the Bulls rank 27th (22.1).
- Chicago ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (49.5) while Phoenix ranks last in points allowed in the paint per game (52.8).
- The Bulls rank 11th in fast break points allowed per game (12.8) while the Suns rank 28th (16.4).
- Phoenix ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (29.8) while Chicago ranks 21st (33.1).
- Phoenix ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while Chicago ranks 25th (5.5).
- The Suns rank second in steals per game (9.1) while the Bulls rank 20th (7.4).
- The Bulls rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4) while the Suns rank 28th (15.2).
- Phoenix averages 40.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 30th in the league. Chicago ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.3).
- Phoenix ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Chicago ranks 23rd (15.3).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Phoenix is 5-1 and Chicago is 8-5.
- When reaching the century mark, the Suns are 16-35 and the Bulls are 15-33.
- Chicago is 18-15-2 ATS on the road, while Phoenix is 16-18 ATS at home.
- Of the Bulls’ 35 road games, they have 18 overs and 17 unders.
- In 34 home games, the Suns have 21 unders and 13 overs.
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bulls are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Phoenix has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Chicago has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 108.4 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 124.6 points per game (11.3 above their season average).