The Philadelphia 76ers (22-21) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they take on the Chicago Bulls (18-29). Philadelphia is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Chicago Bulls vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The Bulls lost to the New Orleans Pelicans in their last matchup, 132-128. Chicago’s Jerian Grant had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 6-for-7 shooting. New Orleans had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 13.9). Chicago, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (30-34; 88.2 percent).
In the 76ers last game, they were topped by the Memphis Grizzlies, 105-101. Dario Saric was the games high scorer with 22 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Memphis forced the 76ers into a turnover percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 15.3). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 25.6).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Philadelphia should have a significant edge. The 76ers defense ranks second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.494), while the Chicago offense is ranked 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.505).
Games featuring these teams tend to finish over the projected point total. Chicago games have finished over 57.4 percent of the time, while 55.8 percent of Philadelphia games have finished over. The 76ers have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (22-21 vs. 18-29), but the Bulls have been superior against the spread (ATS) (28-16-3 vs. 24-19).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 232 points, well over the projected point total of 210. The Bulls won 117-115, covering as 2-point underdogs. Chicago had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 16.8). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (20.9 vs. 11.6). Despite the loss, Ben Simmons put up a triple-double with 19 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
Chicago Bulls at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank fifth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Bulls rank 27th (10.1).
- Chicago ranks 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (20.0).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.1) while Chicago ranks 29th (3.7).
- Philadelphia is 12-8 ATS at home, while Chicago is 15-8-1 ATS on the road.
- In 24 road games, the Bulls have 16 overs and 8 unders.
- The 76ers have 10 overs and 10 unders in 20 home games.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Chicago is 6-5 and Philadelphia is 8-0.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the 76ers are 20-14 and the Bulls are 16-13.
- The 76ers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (47.1) while the Bulls rank 26th (41.4).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.4) while Chicago ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The 76ers average 25.8 assists per game, which ranks third in the league. The Bulls rank 28th in assists allowed per game (25.2).
- The 76ers rank 15th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while the Bulls rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (31.4).
- Chicago ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Philadelphia ranks last (9.3).
- Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 115.8 points per game (12.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (4.0 above their season average).