The New York Knicks (3-7) will be 3-point favorites at home in Madison Square Garden when they take on the Chicago Bulls (2-8). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9 at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 5, 2018.
Chicago Bulls at New York Knicks Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Knicks (5.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 108-95, while the Bulls (8.5-point underdogs) fell to the Houston Rockets, 96-88. The New York game went 13 points under the projected point total of 216, while the Chicago game finished 39 points under the projected point total of 223.
Chicago did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-27; 96.3 percent) while New York had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.9 (above their season average of 24.2). Enes Kanter played a pivotal role for New York with 18 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wendell Carter Jr. played well for Chicago, contributing 14 points and 13 rebounds.
The Bulls took this series last year, winning three out of four contests. In the most recent contest, New York won 110-92. New York had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.505 vs. 0.375). Chicago, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (23-31; 74.2 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Bulls are involved, as 60.0 percent of their games have ended under the total. Although Chicago has a difficult time winning games straight up (2-8 SU), they are 6-4 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Chicago, Knicks games also have typically finished under the O/U total (55.6 percent). New York is 6-2-1 ATS, despite being 3-7 SU.
Carter Jr. has been outstanding as of late for Chicago, averaging 14.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.8 blocks and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Knicks rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.9 percent), while Chicago ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (74.2 percent).
Bulls at Knicks Odds Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Bulls average 41.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Knicks rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (45.2).
- New York ranks seventh in second chance points per game (15.0) while Chicago ranks 28th (9.4).
- The Knicks rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (30.6) while the Bulls rank 27th (36.9).
- Chicago ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (6.8) while New York ranks 26th (6.0).
- Chicago ranks 20th in fast break points per game (12.3) while New York ranks 28th (9.3).
- The Knicks rank seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while the Bulls rank 26th (14.0).
- The Knicks rank 18th in points in the paint per game (44.8) while the Bulls rank 26th (44.4).
- New York ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (22.8) while Chicago ranks 26th (24.9).
- New York is 1-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Chicago is 1-1.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Knicks are 3-5 and the Bulls are 1-7.
- Chicago is 1-3 ATS on the road, while New York is 3-1-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Knicks’ 5 home games, while 2 of the Bulls’ 4 road games have gone over.
- The Bulls are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 2-2-1.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 4 unders and 1 over, while New York has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 104.2 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.0 points per game (6.0 below their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 3.5 for the season.