The Wofford Terriers (13-5, 4-1 SoCon) look to continue their five-game winning streak against the struggling Chattanooga Mocs (6-13, 0-6 SoCon) at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium. Wofford is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 139 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. Wofford Terriers Free Preview
In the Mocs last outing, they lost to the Mercer Bears, 75-71. Chattanooga’s Rodney Chatman contributed 17 points, eight assists and six rebounds in the game. Mercer had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 32.3). Chattanooga, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 18.3).
The Terriers hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Samford Bulldogs in their last outing, 93-89. Wofford received a boost from Fletcher Magee, who was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 10-for-19 shooting. The Terriers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.6, had a great mark of 31.4 and had a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 17.3).
Wofford could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Terriers rank eighth in effective field goal percentage (0.592), while Chattanooga ranks 304th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.537). Also, put-back points figure to be few and far between for the Mocs. They rank 281st in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.5 percent, while the Terriers are 34th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 75.4 percent).
Nat Dixon has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Chattanooga, averaging 16.4 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Mocs won two out of three contests last season. In the most recent contest, Wofford won 79-67. The Terriers played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 and a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.327. The Mocs were 11.1 and 0.224, respectively, for those same stats.
Chattanooga Mocs at Wofford Terriers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Under
- The Terriers rank 49th in assists per game (16.0) while the Mocs rank 117th (14.1).
- Wofford ranks 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Chattanooga ranks 99th (3.7).
- Chattanooga ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while Wofford ranks 163rd (22.6).
- The Terriers rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while the Mocs rank 110th (34.4).
- Wofford ranks 89th in steals per game (6.7) while Chattanooga ranks 158th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Terriers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mocs have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.6 points per game (11.8 above their season average).