The Wyoming Cowboys and Chattanooga Mocs will go head-to-head at Arena-Auditorium to begin the new season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148.5 points with Wyoming opening as a 12-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. Wyoming Cowboys Free Preview
Neither team made the tournament last season. Chattanooga went 19-12 in the regular season while Wyoming finished 18-14.
It will be a showdown of conflicting tempos as the fast-breaking Cowboys will look to push the more grind-it-out Mocs. Last season, the Cowboys ranked 19th in possessions per game while the Mocs were 249th.
The Mocs had a respectable 19-12 straight up (SU) record last season, but had difficulty covering the spread (9-17 against the spread (ATS)). Just over half of Chattanooga’s games finished under the O/U total.
The Cowboys, on the other hand, owned records of 18-14 SU and 24-12 ATS last season. In accordance with Chattanooga, just over half of Wyoming’s games finished under the O/U total.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. Wyoming Cowboys Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cowboys rank 76th in assists per game (14.9) while the Mocs rank 234th (12.2).
- Wyoming averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 50th in the NCAA. Chattanooga ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Wyoming ranks 48th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Chattanooga ranks 287th (32.4).
- The Mocs rank 27th in steals per game (7.8) while the Cowboys rank 232nd (5.2).
- Chattanooga ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.5) while Wyoming ranks 196th (21.8).