The Chattanooga Mocs (8-16, 2-9 SoCon) will attempt to snap the 14-game winning streak of East Tennessee State when they travel to Freedom Hall Civic Center to square off with the Buccaneers (20-4, 11-0 SoCon). Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers Odds Preview
The last time the Mocs played, they lost a close one to the Western Carolina Catamounts, 70-68. With 21 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Nat Dixon was the top scorer from either team. Western Carolina forced the Mocs into a turnover percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 18.2). Chattanooga, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.594 (above their season average of 0.515).
The Buccaneers hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Samford Bulldogs in their last contest, 96-76. With 31 points on 12-for-16 shooting, Desonta Bradford was the games high scorer. The Buccaneers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.538, had a phenomenal mark of 0.682 and held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below the 29.2 mark opponents have averaged against East Tennessee State this season).
The upper-echelon offense of East Tennessee State (55th in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.545) will battle against the porous defense of Chattanooga (276th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.527). The Buccaneers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Mocs rank 280th in turnover percentage (20.7 percent), while the Buccaneers rank 50th in opponents turnover percentage (21.8 percent).
Bradford has been playing at a high level over the last five games for East Tennessee State, averaging 16.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Buccaneers won 85-66. The Buccaneers played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.619 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0. The Mocs had marks of 0.440 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Dixon led all scorers on the team with 20 points.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Over
- The Buccaneers rank 46th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Mocs rank 189th (2.3).
- East Tennessee State ranks 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Chattanooga ranks 109th (12.9).
- East Tennessee State ranks 26th in steals per game (7.9) while Chattanooga ranks 215th (4.8).
- The Mocs rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while the Buccaneers rank 184th (23.2).
- East Tennessee State ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.2) while Chattanooga ranks 246th (32.7).
- The Buccaneers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 11.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mocs have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).