The Citadel Bulldogs (5-11, 0-4 SoCon) and the Chattanooga Mocs (6-11, 0-4 SoCon) will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streaks when they clash at McAlister Field House. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. Citadel Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Mocs last contest, they got blown out by the Furman Paladins, 73-55. With 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Nat Dixon was the top scorer from either team. Furman held the Mocs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.8 (below their season average of 25.6). Chattanooga, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (5-7; 71.4 percent).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 107-91 loss to the Samford Bulldogs in their last game. Zane Najdawi led Citadel in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Samford was lights out from beyond the arc (18-32; 56.3 percent). Citadel, on the other hand, held Samford to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 30.2).
This game should be a matchup of opposite tempos. Citadel has preferred to play fast (first in possessions per game), while Chattanooga has been more half-court-oriented (286th in possessions per game). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Mocs, which ranks 291st in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Bulldogs, which forces the 22nd-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.8 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bulldogs won the most recent matchup 85-76. The Bulldogs played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.500 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.600. For those same stats, the Mocs were 0.136 and 0.508, respectively.
Chattanooga Mocs at Citadel Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank third in steals per game (11.1) while the Mocs rank 183rd (4.9).
- Chattanooga ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (16.1) while Citadel ranks 263rd (29.0).
- The Mocs rank 52nd in assists allowed per game (11.8) while the Bulldogs rank 242nd (21.8).
- Citadel ranks 71st in rebounds per game (38.2) while Chattanooga ranks 255th (31.8).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 20.8, up from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mocs have scored an average of 57.6 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (6.0 above their season average).