The Charlotte Hornets (34-42) will be at Capital One Arena to challenge the Washington Wizards (41-34) in a Southeast Division matchup. The game will air on NBATV at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Charlotte Hornets at Washington Wizards ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Wizards fell to the Detroit Pistons, 103-92, while the Hornets were defeated by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 118-105.
Charlotte did a great job of making free throws (22-24; 91.7 percent) while Washington had a better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 14.7). Marcin Gortat played well for Washington with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Dwight Howard had a good game for Charlotte, recording 19 points and 10 rebounds.
The physical Charlotte offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Hornets currently rank second in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.232, while Washington ranks 24th in FTA rate allowed (0.211).
Just over half of the Hornets games have finished over the O/U total. Charlotte holds records of 34-42 straight up (SU) and 31-41-4 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Charlotte, a little over half of Wizards games have finished under the projected point total. Moreover, Washington owns records of 41-34 SU and 33-40-2 ATS.
Kelly Oubre Jr. has taken his game to another level recently for Washington, averaging 15.4 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
In their three matchups this year, the Hornets have won all three. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 227 points, well over the projected point total of 211. Charlotte won 122-105, covering as a 4-point underdog. The Hornets turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Wizards. Charlotte had a rate of 7.5, while Washington posted a mark of 13.7. Bradley Beal scored a game-high 33 points.
Charlotte Hornets at Washington Wizards Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Under
- Charlotte ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (10.4) while Washington ranks 25th (13.3).
- The Hornets rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while the Wizards rank 18th (17.1).
- Charlotte ranks third in rebounds per game (45.4) while Washington ranks 19th (43.1).
- Charlotte averages 43.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks 18th in the NBA. Washington ranks 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.7).
- The Wizards rank fourth in assists per game (25.1) while the Hornets rank 26th (21.3).
- The Wizards rank 15th in fast break points per game (11.5) while the Hornets rank 27th (9.1).
- Washington ranks 10th in steals per game (7.9) while Charlotte ranks 28th (6.9).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Charlotte is 12-3 and Washington is 18-4.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Hornets are 33-20 and the Wizards are 38-18.
- Charlotte is 14-20-3 ATS on the road, while Washington is 13-23-2 ATS at home.
- The Hornets have 19 unders, 17 overs and 1 push in 37 road games.
- The Wizards have 19 overs, 17 unders and 2 pushes in 38 home games.
- The Hornets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Charlotte has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Washington has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 119.0 points per game (11.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.