The Milwaukee Bucks (16-13) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they square off against the Charlotte Hornets (11-20). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 211 points with Milwaukee set as a 4.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Charlotte Hornets at Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview,
The Hornets were blown out by the Toronto Raptors in their last contest, 129-111. With 32 points on 11-for-17 shooting, Jeremy Lamb was the top scorer from either team. Toronto made 16 of their 33 three pointers (48.5 percent). Charlotte, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (26-35; 74.3 percent).
In the Bucks last game, they beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 119-116. With 27 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo led Milwaukee in scoring. Milwaukee dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (above their season average of 18.9) and a free throw rate of 0.268 (above their season average of 0.216). Cleveland put up marks of 17.9 and 0.250, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Milwaukee ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while Charlotte forces the fourth-fewest turnovers (13.3 percent). Additionally, the Hornets rank second in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.235), while the Bucks rank 30th in opponents FTA rate (0.247).
Of Charlotte’s 31 games, 17 have finished under the O/U total, while 18 of Milwaukee’s 29 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bucks have a sizable advantage. They are 16-13 SU and 13-13-3 ATS, while the Hornets are 11-20 SU and 12-17-2 ATS.
These two teams have already met twice this season, each winning once. In the most recent matchup, the Bucks lost 126-121, unable to cover as 4-point underdogs. Khris Middleton led both teams with 43 points and also added seven assists and five rebounds. The two teams combined for 247 points, which was 44 points above the projected point total of 203 points. The Hornets played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.262 and a turnover percentage of 10.2. The Bucks recorded marks of 0.132 and 12.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Charlotte Hornets vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while the Hornets rank 18th (5.0).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (46.5) while Charlotte ranks 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.4).
- Milwaukee ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (26.9) while Charlotte ranks 25th (30.9).
- Milwaukee allows the fewest points off turnovers per game (14.5) while Charlotte ranks second (14.5).
- Charlotte is 3-8-2 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 6-7-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Hornets 13 road games, while 8 of the Bucks’ 15 home games have gone over.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Charlotte and Milwaukee are both 6-2.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Bucks are 13-7 and the Hornets are 11-8.
- The Bucks rank 16th in assists per game (22.2) while the Hornets rank 26th (20.5).
- Charlotte ranks second in rebounds per game (46.8) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.5).
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals per game (8.8) while the Hornets rank last (6.5).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (6.7) while the Hornets rank seventh (9.6).
- Charlotte ranks 11th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (9.2).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Charlotte is 1-3-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has been defeated by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 101.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average).