The Boston Celtics (10-2) and the Charlotte Hornets (5-6) battle at TD Garden. The Celtics will try to lengthen their 10-game winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Carolina.
Charlotte Hornets vs. Boston Celtics ATS Preview
The Hornets lost to the New York Knicks in their last contest, 118-113. With 21 points on 9-for-11 shooting, Dwight Howard led Charlotte in scoring. New York did a great job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). Charlotte, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 20.4).
In the Celtics’ last matchup, they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, 107-96. With 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Aron Baynes was the game’s high scorer. Boston played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 12.3) and a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.210). For those same stats, Los Angeles recorded marks of 18.1 and 0.200, respectively.
Boston should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Boston ranks third in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.5 percent), while Charlotte forces the fewest turnovers (12.6 percent).
Of Charlotte’s 11 games, six have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Boston’s 12 games have finished under the projected point total. The Celtics come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-2 SU and 10-2 ATS, while the Hornets are 5-6 SU and 5-6 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Celtics won all four meetings played against each other last season. In the last contest, Boston won 121-114. Boston made 17 of its 39 three pointers (43.6 percent). Charlotte, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (29-32; 90.6 percent).
Charlotte Hornets vs. Boston Celtics Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank fourth in rebounds per game (47.5) while the Hornets rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Boston ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (9.3) while Charlotte ranks eighth (10.8).
- Charlotte ranks 19th in points in the paint per game (42.5) while Boston ranks 25th (39.8).
- Boston is 4-1 ATS at home, while Charlotte is 1-5 ATS on the road.
- Of the Hornets’ 6 road games, they have 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Of the Celtics’ 5 home games, they have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Boston is 9-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Charlotte is 3-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Hornets are 5-2 and the Celtics are 8-1.
- The Celtics rank 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.1) while the Hornets rank 28th (14.1).
- Boston ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.3) while Charlotte ranks 24th (31.8).
- The Celtics rank sixth in steals per game (8.6) while the Hornets rank 25th (5.8).
- The Celtics allow the third-fewest fast break points per game (7.8) while the Hornets rank fifth (8.1).
- Boston ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (20.3) while Charlotte ranks 20th (23.6).
- Boston is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Charlotte is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 107.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average).