The Charlotte Hornets (34-44), 5.5-point favorites, will travel to United Center to take on the Chicago Bulls (26-51). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Charlotte Hornets vs. Chicago Bulls Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bulls won big over the Washington Wizards, 113-94, while the Hornets lost to the Philadelphia 76ers, 119-102.
The Bulls, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.495, had a ridiculous mark of 0.634 and held the Wizards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.0 (below their season average of 23.6). Charlotte, on the other hand, did a great job of getting and making free throws (27-34; 79.4 percent). Lauri Markkanen played a pivotal role for Chicago with 23 points and six rebounds. Willy Hernangomez had a solid performance for Charlotte, putting up 15 points and 11 rebounds.
Second-chance opportunities could be scarce for Chicago in this meeting. The Bulls currently rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.6 percent), while Charlotte ranks first in defensive rebounding percentage (80.9 percent). The Hornets should have an edge in terms of ball protection. They rank 2nd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.2 percent), while the Bulls force the second-fewest turnovers in the NBA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 12.8 percent).
It’s tough to find a trend for Hornets games in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Charlotte holds records of 34-44 straight up (SU) and 31-43-4 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Charlotte, games involving the Bulls have finished over the O/U total 53.2 percent of the time. Further, Chicago owns records of 26-51 SU and 39-35-3 ATS.
The Bulls lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 221 points, just over the projected point total of 217. Chicago lost 118-103, covering as a 12-point underdog. The Hornets’ 13.3 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bulls, who had a mark of 18.1. In the victory, Kemba Walker led all scorers with 31 points.
Charlotte Hornets at Chicago Bulls Odds Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Under
- The Hornets rank first in second chance points allowed per game (10.5) while the Bulls rank sixth (11.3).
- Charlotte ranks third in rebounds per game (45.4) while Chicago ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (45.7).
- The Hornets rank 14th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while the Bulls rank 27th (14.6).
- Chicago ranks 14th in fast break points per game (11.7) while Charlotte ranks 27th (9.0).
- Chicago ranks 21st in steals per game (7.5) while Charlotte ranks 28th (6.9).
- The Bulls rank ninth in assists per game (23.5) while the Hornets rank 28th (21.3).
- The Hornets rank 19th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Bulls rank 29th (3.6).
- Charlotte ranks 21st in points in the paint per game (43.7) while Chicago ranks 25th (41.7).
- Chicago ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (31.1) while Charlotte ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- When allowing under 100 points, Charlotte is 12-3 and Chicago is 8-6.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bulls are 23-24 and the Hornets are 33-21.
- Chicago is 20-16-2 ATS at home, while Charlotte is 14-21-3 ATS on the road.
- The Hornets have 20 unders, 17 overs and 1 push in 38 road games.
- Of the Bulls’ 38 home games, they have 19 overs and 19 unders.
- The Bulls are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Hornets are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Charlotte has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 95.2 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (6.7 below their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 0.4 for the season.