The Chicago Bulls (2-10) and the Charlotte Hornets (5-8) look to put an end to their five-game losing streaks when they battle at United Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 197.5 points with Charlotte set as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Charlotte Hornets at Chicago Bulls ATS Preview
The Hornets fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last contest, 115-107. With 22 points on 10-for-14 shooting, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was Charlottes high scorer. Cleveland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 22.1). Charlotte, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.221 vs. 0.186).
The last time the Bulls played, they were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 92-79. With 16 points and six rebounds, Lauri Markkanen played well for Chicago. Oklahoma City did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (32-37; 86.5 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, held the Thunder to an effective field goal percentage of 0.417 (below their season average of 0.517).
Second-chance opportunities might be rare for Chicago in this contest. The Bulls are among the NBAs elite on the offensive glass, ranking 21st in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.8 percent. Meanwhile, Charlotte ranks sixth in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 79.8 percent. Additionally, the Hornets rank first in turnover percentage (13.5 percent), while the Bulls rank 28th in opponents turnover percentage (13.5 percent).
Of Charlottes 13 games, seven have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of Chicagos 12 games have finished under the O/U total. The Hornets have the superior straight up (SU) record (5-8 vs. 2-10), but the Bulls have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (5-5-2 vs. 5-7-1).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Bulls won two out of three contests played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Chicago won 115-109. The Bulls dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7. For those same stats, the Hornets recorded marks of 0.172 and 22.4, respectively.
Charlotte Hornets at Chicago Bulls Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Hornets rank 17th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Bulls rank 26th (3.6).
- Charlotte ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (23.1) while Chicago ranks 27th (24.4).
- Charlotte ranks 16th in points in the paint per game (42.8) while Chicago ranks 25th (36.8).
- Charlotte is 1-5-1 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 1-3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Bulls 5 home games, while 4 of the Hornets 7 road games have gone under.
- Chicago is 2-4 when they allow under 100 points, while Charlotte is 3-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Bulls are 1-3 and the Hornets are 5-3.
- The Hornets rank third in fast break points allowed per game (7.8) while the Bulls rank 12th (10.1).
- Charlotte ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.5) while Chicago ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The Bulls average 30.8 three pointers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Hornets rank 26th in three pointers allowed per game (32.2).
- The Bulls are 27th in the NBA with 14.3 points off turnovers per game while the Hornets are 28th with 14.1 points off turnovers per game.
- Charlotte ranks third in steals allowed per game (7.3) while Chicago ranks 12th (8.1).
- Chicago is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Charlotte is 0-4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.2, up from 10.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 100.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).