The Charlotte 49ers (5-16, 1-9 CUSA), who are currently on an eight-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Thomas Assembly Center to square off against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (14-10, 5-6 CUSA). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146.5 points with Louisiana Tech opening as a 13.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 8, 2018, and it can be seen on beIN Sports.
Charlotte 49ers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Preview
The last time the 49ers played, they fell to the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, 78-73. With 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Jon Davis led Charlotte in scoring. Middle Tennessee had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 33.1). Charlotte, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.274).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 71-68 loss to the FIU Golden Panthers in their last outing. With 12 points, seven rebounds and seven assists, Amorie Archibald played well for Louisiana Tech. FIU had a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 13.5). Louisiana Tech, meanwhile, held the Golden Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 (below their season average of 24.7).
The high-octane offense of Louisiana Tech (91st in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 109.9) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Charlotte (273rd in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 107.3). The Bulldogs figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Games including these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Charlotte games have finished under 55.6 percent of the time, while 75.0 percent of Louisiana Tech games have finished under. The Bulldogs hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-10 SU and 8-12 ATS, while the 49ers are 5-16 SU and 5-13 ATS.
Archibald has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Louisiana Tech, averaging 15.0 points, 7.2 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bulldogs won the sole contest last season, 79-73. The Bulldogs dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.643 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.327. The 49ers recorded marks of 0.509 and 0.263, respectively, for those same stats.
Charlotte 49ers at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Charlotte, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 51st in blocks per game (4.3) while the 49ers rank 110th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 136th in steals per game (6.0) while Charlotte ranks 192nd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Louisiana Tech is 3-5 ATS at home, while Charlotte is 3-7 ATS on the road.
- Of the 49ers’ 10 road games, they have 7 unders and 3 overs.
- In 8 home games, the Bulldogs have 5 unders and 3 overs.
- Louisiana Tech ranks 135th in assists per game (13.8) while Charlotte ranks 262nd (11.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 144th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the 49ers rank 231st (18.9).
- Louisiana Tech averages 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 135th in the nation. Charlotte ranks 220th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Louisiana Tech is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Charlotte is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (2.3 above their season average).