The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (11-13, 6-5 BigSou) look to lengthen a seven-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head with the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (9-13, 4-7 BigSou) at Paul Porter Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Buccaneers’ last contest, they were victorious over the High Point Panthers, 83-74. With 18 points, Travis McConico put together a solid performance for Charleston Southern. Charleston Southern dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 17.6) and a free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.216). For those same stats, High Point was 21.0 and 0.306, respectively.
The Runnin’ Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-66 loss to the Radford Highlanders in their last matchup. David Efianayi was Gardner-Webb’s leading scorer with 22 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Radford forced the Runnin’ Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 26.3 (above their season average of 17.7). Gardner-Webb, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (21-23; 91.3 percent).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Gardner-Webb. Gardner-Webb ranks 274th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Charleston Southern forces the eighth-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.0 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Buccaneers won 83-68. The Buccaneers played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.412 and a turnover percentage of 17.5. For those same stats, the Runnin’ Bulldogs were 0.071 and 23.9, respectively. Christian Keeling was a standout player in the game, putting up 26 points.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Over
- Charleston Southern ranks 34th in steals per game (7.7) while Gardner-Webb ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 167th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while the Buccaneers rank 218th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- Charleston Southern averages 12.5 assists per game, which ranks 197th in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 202nd in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average).