The No. 19 Florida State Seminoles (7-1) will be at home in Donald L. Tucker Center when they meet the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (4-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Preview
The Buccaneers were beaten by the Eastern Kentucky Colonels in their last game, 70-65. Charleston Southern’s Christian Keeling had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Eastern Kentucky had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 30.3). Charleston Southern, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.510 vs. 0.471).
The last time the Seminoles played, they were beaten by the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 71-70. With 20 points and 14 rebounds, Terance Mann had a solid performance for Florida State. Oklahoma State forced the Seminoles into a turnover percentage of 24.3 (above their season average of 14.3). Florida State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.276 (above their season average of 0.208).
The prolific offense of Florida State will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Charleston Southern. Since last season, the Seminoles rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while the Buccaneers are 158th in defensive efficiency. The Seminoles should have the edge on that end of the court.Florida State is 7-1 SU and 6-1-1 ATS. Of the Seminoles’ eight games, four have finished under and four have finished over.
The Seminoles won the lone contest against the Buccaneers last season, 88-67. The Seminoles played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. For those same stats, the Buccaneers had marks of 20.5 and 18.0, respectively.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Florida State Seminoles Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seminoles rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Buccaneers rank 96th (5.3).
- Florida State ranks 86th in assists per game (14.8) while Charleston Southern ranks 120th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Florida State ranks 129th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while Charleston Southern ranks 259th (23.0).
- The Seminoles rank 22nd in blocks per game (5.4) while the Buccaneers rank 94th (3.0).
- Charleston Southern averages 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 41st in the nation. Florida State ranks 107th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).