BigSou foes will battle when the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (10-8, 3-2 BigSou) clash against the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (6-10, 1-4 BigSou) at Kimmel Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Preview
The Buccaneers lost to the Winthrop Eagles in their last contest, 64-53. Charleston Southern’s Christian Keeling put up 10 points and six rebounds in the game. Winthrop did a fantastic job of making free throws (13-15; 86.7 percent). Charleston Southern, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 18.3).
In the Bulldogs last game, they dismantled the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 76-56. With 21 points on 10-for-20 shooting, Ahmad Thomas was the top scorer from either team. UNC Asheville played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.533) and a turnover percentage of 17.9 (better than their season average of 19.0). Presbyterian was 0.430 and 20.4, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the UNC Asheville offense. UNC Asheville ranks 300th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.3 percent), while the pesky defense of Charleston Southern forces the 21st-most turnovers in the nation (23.6 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Bulldogs won both contests last season. In the last game, UNC Asheville won 91-73. The Bulldogs played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.333. The Buccaneers were 23.6 and 0.207, respectively, for those same stats.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs allow the 45th-fewest rebounds per game (32.2) while the Buccaneers rank 59th (32.9).
- UNC Asheville ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Charleston Southern ranks 52nd (2.9).
- Charleston Southern averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 33rd in the NCAA. UNC Asheville ranks 175th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- The Bulldogs rank 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.4) while the Buccaneers rank 247th (25.7).
- UNC Asheville ranks 102nd in assists per game (14.5) while Charleston Southern ranks 135th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (10.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (4.6 below their season average).