The South Carolina State Bulldogs (2-9) will be at home in Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center when they go head-to-head against the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (4-3). Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at South Carolina State Bulldogs ATS Preview
The last time the Buccaneers played, they lost to the VMI Keydets, 76-68. With 23 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Christian Keeling was the top scorer from either team. VMI was lights out from beyond the arc (12-28; 42.9 percent). Charleston Southern, on the other hand, held the Keydets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 32.4).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 101-72 loss to the Furman Paladins in their last outing. Justin Jones was South Carolina State’s leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Furman had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 15.8). South Carolina State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 29.4).
It will be a showdown of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Bulldogs will look to push the more half-court-oriented Buccaneers. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs rank 31st in possessions per game while the Buccaneers are 184th.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buccaneers average 21.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 150th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 231st in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- Charleston Southern ranks 125th in blocks per game (2.9) while South Carolina State ranks 172nd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Charleston Southern ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while South Carolina State ranks 183rd (5.3).
- The Buccaneers rank 127th in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Bulldogs rank 243rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- Charleston Southern ranks 145th in assists allowed per game (13.9) while South Carolina State ranks 232nd (15.3).