The Western Carolina Catamounts (0-1) get their home schedule started at Ramsey Center against the Charleston Cougars (1-0). Action begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Charleston Cougars vs. Western Carolina Catamounts ATS Odds,
In their last contest, the Catamounts were blown out by the Wright State Raiders, 96-73, while the Cougars were victorious over the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 85-73.
Charleston dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and a turnover percentage of 8.9. For those same stats, Presbyterian recorded marks of 23.5 and 14.3, respectively. Western Carolina, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.6). D.J. Myers had a good outing for Western Carolina, putting up 11 points and six rebounds. Jarrell Brantley, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Charleston with 19 points and 14 rebounds.
The Cougars won the lone game between these two teams last year, 69-60. Getting to the free throw line was one of Charleston’s largest strengths. They made 36 trips to the line, while Western Carolina went just 20 times.
Charleston could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the country’s worst defenses. Since the 2017-18 season, the Cougars rank 46th in offensive efficiency, while Western Carolina ranks 278th in defensive efficiency.
Charleston vs. Western Carolina Betting Pick,
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Charleston, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Charleston ranks third in steals allowed per game (4.0) while Western Carolina ranks 255th (7.8).
- The Cougars rank 105th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while the Catamounts rank 261st (37.2).
- Charleston ranks 119th in blocks per game (3.5) while Western Carolina ranks 185th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Cougars rank 67th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Catamounts rank 269th (15.4).
- Charleston ranks 100th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Western Carolina ranks 280th (24.7).