The Sam Houston State Bearkats (2-1) and the Central Michigan Chippewas (2-1) go head-to-head in the Great Alaska Shootout at Alaska Airlines Center. Tip-off is set for 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats Betting Preview
The Chippewas dismantled the Eureka Red Devils in their last game, 103-68. With 17 points, 13 rebounds and five assists, Central Michigans Cecil Williams had a good performance. Central Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.582. Eureka was 18.4 and 0.384, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bearkats last matchup, they were dismantled by the Idaho Vandals, 63-54. Christopher Galbreath Jr. was Sam Houston States leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Idaho did a terrific job of making free throws (24-27; 88.9 percent). Sam Houston State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (21.3 vs. 27.8).
Getting to the line might be scarce for Sam Houston State in this meeting. The Bearkats rank 189th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.248, while Central Michigan ranks 68th in FTA rate allowed (0.213) since the 2016-17 season. Furthermore, the Chippewas rank 23rd in offensive efficiency (114.5), while the Bearkats rank 32nd in defensive efficiency (96.6).
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sam Houston State, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Chippewas rank 177th in blocks per game (3.0) while the Bearkats rank 232nd (2.6).
- Sam Houston State ranks 64th in steals per game (7.1) while Central Michigan ranks 104th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- Sam Houston State averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. Central Michigan ranks 317th in rebounds allowed per game (41.8).
- The Chippewas rank third in three pointers attempted per game (34.8) while the Bearkats rank 209th (20.1).
- Sam Houston State ranks 73rd in assists per game (15.1) while Central Michigan ranks 258th (11.9).