MAC foes will clash when the Northern Illinois Huskies (11-14, 4-8 MAC) challenge the Central Michigan Chippewas (15-10, 4-8 MAC) at Convocation Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 150.5 points with Northern Illinois set as a 1-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Northern Illinois Huskies Betting Preview
In the Chippewas last contest, they lost to the Akron Zips, 69-63. Kevin McKay put together a good game for Central Michigan, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Akron did a terrific job of making free throws (11-15; 73.3 percent). Central Michigan, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 30.3).
The Huskies hope to maintain momentum after narrowly defeating the Buffalo Bulls in their last contest, 90-88. Northern Illinois received a boost from Eugene German, who was the games leading scorer with 28 points on 10-for-20 shooting. The Huskies knocked down 24 of their 29 free throws (82.8 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 14.6).
Northern Illinois could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this contest. The Huskies rank 156th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.242, while Central Michigan ranks 29th in FTA rate allowed (0.186).
Of Central Michigan’s 20 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of Northern Illinois’ 21 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Chippewas have a clear advantage. They are 15-10 SU and 12-7-1 ATS, while the Huskies are 11-14 SU and 10-10-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 148 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 148.5. The Chippewas won 81-67, covering as 5-point favorites. The Chippewas 12.4 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Huskies, who had a rate of 19.0. Despite the loss, German was a standout player in the game, producing 21 points and seven rebounds.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Over
- The Huskies rank ninth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Chippewas rank 79th (5.7).
- Central Michigan averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 97th in the NCAA. Northern Illinois ranks 164th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- On the road, Central Michigan is 7-4 ATS with 7 overs and 4 unders.
- Northern Illinois is 6-2 ATS at home with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Central Michigan ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Northern Illinois ranks 291st (16.5).
- The Chippewas rank 165th in assists per game (13.3) while the Huskies rank 265th (10.0).
- Central Michigan averages 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. Northern Illinois ranks 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Northern Illinois is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Central Michigan is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Huskies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.2 points per game (9.6 above their season average).