The Central Michigan Chippewas (21-14), 3-point underdogs, square off with the Liberty Flames (21-14) in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Vines Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141.5 points and action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Liberty Flames ATS Odds,
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Flames defeated the North Carolina A&T Aggies 65-52, while the Chippewas beat the Wofford Terriers 98-94.
Central Michigan dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 14.4). For those same stats, Wofford was 0.175 and 11.4, respectively. The Flames, meanwhile, made 14 of their 18 free throws (77.8 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 16.6). Liberty was lifted by Scottie James, who contributed 11 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Kevin McKay was a key piece for Central Michigan with 21 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
A focal point for the Liberty offense is getting to the free throw line. The Flames rank 51st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.278), but Central Michigan is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 35th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.190). Additionally, the 35th-ranked offense of the Chippewas (offensive efficiency of 113.2) will square off against the 40th-ranked defense of the Flames (defensive efficiency of 98.5).
Of the Chippewas 30 games that accepted bets, 19 have finished over the total. Central Michigan holds records of 21-14 straight up (SU) and 18-11-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Central Michigan, games featuring the Flames have a tendency to finish under the total (77.8 percent). Further, Liberty is 21-14 SU and 5-4 ATS.
Scottie James has taken his game to another level recently for Liberty, averaging 17.6 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocks over the last five games.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Liberty Flames Betting Pick,
Prediction: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Under
- Central Michigan ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while Liberty ranks 221st in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Flames rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Chippewas rank 151st (13.3).
- The Flames rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while the Chippewas rank 183rd (35.4).
- Liberty ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Central Michigan ranks 174th (3.7).
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 86.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.0 points per game (10.4 above their season average).
- The Flames average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 7.7 for the season.