MAC foes will battle when the Eastern Michigan Eagles (9-6, 0-2 MAC) square off against the Central Michigan Chippewas (12-3, 1-1 MAC) at Convocation Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 140 points with Eastern Michigan opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview
In the Chippewas last game, they fell to the Kent State Golden Flashes, 85-69. With 15 points on 4-for-11 shooting, Luke Meyer led Central Michigan in scoring. Kent State did a great job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Central Michigan, on the other hand, held the Golden Flashes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 34.7).
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 75-71 loss to the Bowling Green Falcons in their last contest. With 14 points and 14 rebounds, James Thompson IV had a solid outing for Eastern Michigan. Bowling Green forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 20.5 (above their season average of 16.2). Eastern Michigan, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (18-25; 72.0 percent).
The offense of Eastern Michigan (141st in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 107.7) will go head-to-head against the top-notch defense of Central Michigan (37th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 94.0). The Chippewas should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Games involving these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Central Michigan games have finished under 70.0 percent of the time, while Eastern Michigan games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time. The Chippewas come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-3 SU and 8-2 ATS, while the Eagles are 9-6 SU and 5-4 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Eagles won both contests played against each other last season. In the last contest, Eastern Michigan won 109-81. The Eagles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.622 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5. For those same stats, the Chippewas put up marks of 0.393 and 28.3, respectively.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank ninth in steals per game (9.7) while the Chippewas rank 101st (6.5).
- Both of these teams are exceptional at blocking the ball. Eastern Michigan is 13th in the NCAA with 5.9 blocks per game while Central Michigan is 60th with 4.2 blocks per game.
- Central Michigan is 4-2 ATS on the road with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Eastern Michigan is 2-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- Central Michigan ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.0) while Eastern Michigan ranks 179th (20.3).
- The Chippewas rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Eagles rank 214th (16.2).
- Central Michigan ranks 59th in rebounds per game (38.5) while Eastern Michigan ranks 158th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Eastern Michigan is 1-3 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Central Michigan is 2-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Eastern Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 5.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average).