The UMKC Kangaroos (3-9) will be at home in Municipal Auditorium when they clash with the Central Michigan Chippewas (8-2). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview
In the Chippewas last matchup, they were beaten by the Southern Utah Thunderbirds, 86-80. With 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Cecil Williams was the games leading scorer. Southern Utah did an excellent job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent). Central Michigan, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 29.9).
The Kangaroos are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-73 loss to the Incarnate Word Cardinals in their last outing. Xavier Bishop was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-21 shooting. Incarnate Word had a free throw rate of 0.345 (above their season average of 0.270). UMKC, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.493 vs. 0.491).
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this battle. UMKC prefers to play fast (60th in possessions per game), while Central Michigan is slower-paced (284th in possessions per game).
Bishop has really been playing well over the last five games for UMKC, averaging 14.0 points, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
Central Michigan Chippewas at UMKC Kangaroos Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Chippewas rank 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Kangaroos rank 76th (5.4).
- Central Michigan ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while UMKC ranks 71st (4.1).
- UMKC ranks 61st in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Central Michigan ranks 229th in three pointers allowed per game (25.2).
- The Chippewas rank 103rd in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Kangaroos rank 220th in rebounds allowed per game (41.6).
- Central Michigan ranks 48th in assists allowed per game (11.8) while UMKC ranks 135th (13.4).
- The Kangaroos average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (3.7 above their season average).