The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (5-4) look to snap the seven-game winning streak of Central Michigan when they welcome the Chippewas (8-1) to Centrum Arena. Tip-off is set for 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Southern Utah Thunderbirds Betting Preview
In the Chippewas last matchup, they defeated the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 74-69. Cecil Williams was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting. The Chippewas knocked down 19 of their 24 free throws (79.2 percent) and held the Golden Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.470 (below their season average of 0.561).
The Thunderbirds are hoping for a better outcome after their 88-63 loss to the No. 3 Michigan State Spartans in their last contest. Dre Marin led Southern Utah in scoring with 12 points on 3-for-11 shooting. Michigan State did an excellent job of making free throws (23-31; 74.2 percent). Southern Utah, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 13.2).
Contrasting paces will be on display in this meeting. Southern Utah ranks 35th in possessions per game (74.4) while Central Michigan is 297th (75.5) dating back to last season. Furthermore, the Chippewas 42nd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 113.8) will attempt to exploit the Thunderbirds 312th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 114.8).
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Southern Utah Thunderbirds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern Utah, ATS Winner – Southern Utah, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Chippewas average 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. The Thunderbirds rank 219th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- Southern Utah ranks 35th in steals per game (6.1) while Central Michigan ranks 118th (5.8).
- Southern Utah ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while Central Michigan ranks 235th (25.4).
- The Chippewas rank 50th in assists allowed per game (13.9) while the Thunderbirds rank 222nd (15.5).
- Central Michigan ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (3.2) while Southern Utah ranks 181st (4.5).