MAC foes will battle when the Kent State Golden Flashes (6-8, 0-1 MAC) meet the Central Michigan Chippewas (12-2, 1-0 MAC) at Memorial A & C Center. Neither team is favored and the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 144 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Preview
In the Chippewas last outing, they easily got past the Ohio Bobcats, 75-50. With 15 points, nine rebounds and six assists, Cecil Williams played well for Central Michigan. Central Michigan dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.7 (better than their season average of 15.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (below their season average of 33.5). For those same stats, Ohio was 21.2 and 22.0, respectively.
The Golden Flashes are trying to rebound after their 75-61 loss to the Northern Illinois Huskies in their last matchup. Jaylin Walker led Kent State in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-17 shooting. Northern Illinois was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Huskies made 23 of their 26 free throws (88.5 percent), while the Golden Flashes were 13-18 (72.2 percent).
Kent State might have a tough time scoring as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Central Michigan ranks 26th in defensive efficiency, while the Golden Flashes rank 220th in offensive efficiency.
Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Central Michigan, averaging 19.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.2 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Golden Flashes won 116-106. The Golden Flashes dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 46.5 and an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.8. The Chippewas put up marks of 22.2 and 11.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Kent State Golden Flashes ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Golden Flashes allow the 24th-fewest steals per game (5.1) while the Chippewas rank 50th (5.6).
- Kent State ranks 71st in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while Central Michigan ranks 236th (25.7).
- The Chippewas average 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. The Golden Flashes rank 131st in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- Central Michigan ranks 49th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Kent State ranks 113th (13.2).
- The Golden Flashes have been outscored by an average of 8.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Kent State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average).