The Northern Illinois Huskies (5-4) will attempt to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Central Connecticut State when they welcome the Blue Devils (5-3) to Convocation Center. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Preview
The last time the Blue Devils played, they defeated the Brown Bears, 68-62. Austin Nehls was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting. The Blue Devils, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7, had an extraordinary mark of 46.9 and held the Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.454 (below the 0.507 mark opponents have averaged against Central Connecticut State this season).
The Huskies are trying to rebound after their 94-80 loss to the Iowa State Cyclones in their last matchup. Eugene German was Northern Illinois high scorer with 28 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Iowa State did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent). Northern Illinois, meanwhile, held the Cyclones to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below the 31.3 mark opponents have averaged against Northern Illinois this season).
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Northern Illinois in this meeting. The Huskies rank 95th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.2 percent), while Central Connecticut State ranks 262nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.3 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season. It could also be an error-filled game for the Blue Devils offense, which ranks 321st in ball security (turnover percentage of 21.6 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Huskies, which has forced the 57th-most turnovers in the nation (21.2 percent).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Northern Illinois Huskies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Devils rank 240th in assists per game (12.2) while the Huskies rank 292nd (11.1).
- Northern Illinois ranks 225th in blocks per game (2.6) while Central Connecticut State ranks 231st (2.5).
- Northern Illinois ranks 93rd in rebounds per game (37.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 245th (34.0).
- The Huskies rank 61st in steals per game (7.2) while the Blue Devils rank 160th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 320th in three pointers attempted per game (15.1) while Northern Illinois ranks 235th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).