SthLnd foes will clash when the Lamar Cardinals (10-5, 2-1 SthLnd) challenge the Central Arkansas Bears (7-9, 1-2 SthLnd) at Montagne Center. Action gets underway at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Central Arkansas Bears at Lamar Cardinals Odds Preview
In the Bears last contest, they fell to the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 82-76. Central Arkansas Thatch Unruh recorded 10 points, 11 rebounds and six assists in the game. Sam Houston State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 27.5). Central Arkansas, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (20-25; 80.0 percent).
The Cardinals are trying to rebound after their 72-62 loss to the New Orleans Privateers in their last outing. With 14 points and six rebounds, Lamar’s Zjori Bosha had a solid performance. New Orleans did a terrific job of making free throws (13-13; 100.0 percent). Lamar, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.519 vs. 0.476).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Lamar. Lamar ranks 239th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the pesky defense of Central Arkansas forces the 92nd-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.2 percent). ,
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Cardinals won the sole contest last season, 78-75. Lamar won the rebounding battle. The Cardinals had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. 13), defensive rebounds (24 vs. 19) and total rebounds (42 vs. 32).
Central Arkansas Bears at Lamar Cardinals Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Arkansas, ATS Winner – Central Arkansas, O/U – Under
- The Cardinals rank ninth in steals per game (10.1) while the Bears rank 93rd (6.8).
- Central Arkansas ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Lamar ranks 94th (21.0).
- Lamar averages 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 84th in the NCAA. Central Arkansas ranks 257th in rebounds allowed per game (40.8).
- The Bears rank 46th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Cardinals rank 177th (2.1).
- Lamar averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. Central Arkansas ranks 184th in assists allowed per game (14.9).