A high-scoring game should be expected when the Oregon Ducks (9-3) and the Central Arkansas Bears (6-6) face off at Matthew Knight Arena. Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Central Arkansas Bears vs. Oregon Ducks Odds Preview
The Bears were beaten by the Morehead State Eagles in their last outing, 98-94. Jordan Howard had a good game for Central Arkansas, leading both teams in scoring with 32 points on 12-for-29 shooting. Morehead State did a fantastic job of making free throws (30-37; 81.1 percent). Central Arkansas, meanwhile, forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 27.1 (above their season average of 21.3).
The last time the Ducks played, they topped the Fresno State Bulldogs, 68-61. Oregon was led by Kenny Wooten, who recorded 13 points, 10 rebounds and six blocks. The Ducks had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 32.1), while the Bulldogs had a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 15.2).
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that features two of the nations more fast-paced teams. Oregon ranks 50th in possessions per game (74.3) and Central Arkansas is 14th (77.1).
Both of these teams have typically finished over the O/U total. Games featuring Central Arkansas have gone over 100.0 percent of the time, while Oregon games have gone over 60.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Ducks have a sizable advantage. They are 9-3 SU and 5-6 ATS, while the Bears are 6-6 SU and 1-0 ATS.
Central Arkansas Bears vs. Oregon Ducks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Central Arkansas, O/U – Over
- The Ducks average 6.3 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Oregon ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (40.2) while Central Arkansas ranks 242nd in rebounds allowed per game (41.0).
- The Ducks rank 10th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while the Bears rank 165th (14.4).
- Central Arkansas ranks 95th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Oregon ranks 180th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Ducks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, down from 14.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average).