The California Golden Bears (3-5) will be at home in Haas Pavilion when they go head-to-head against the Central Arkansas Bears (4-5). Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Central Arkansas Bears at California Golden Bears Betting Preview
The Bears lost a close one to the San Francisco Dons in their last game, 78-76. With 27 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Jordan Howard was the games high scorer. San Francisco had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 31.1). Central Arkansas, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.522).
In the Golden Bears last game, they were topped by the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 74-63. Marcus Lee was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting. One of Saint Mary’s’ largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 18-21 (85.7 percent), while the Golden Bears were just 6-11 (54.5 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, California figures to have a substantial edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Golden Bears defense ranks 52nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the Central Arkansas offense ranks 205th in effective field goal percentage (0.505). It will also be a tale of two paces as the up-and-down Bears rank 47th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Golden Bears rank 293rd.
Central Arkansas Bears at California Golden Bears ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – California, ATS Winner – California, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Bears rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Bears rank 181st (6.5).
- California ranks 32nd in blocks per game (4.9) while Central Arkansas ranks 172nd (3.1).
- California ranks 52nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Central Arkansas ranks 307th (26.3).
- The Golden Bears rank 51st in rebounds allowed per game (32.7) while the Bears rank 285th (38.4).
- California ranks 99th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while Central Arkansas ranks 315th (18.0).