The UAPB Golden Lions (0-7) and the Canisius Golden Griffins (2-3) square off at Spanos Center. Action starts at 11:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. UAPB Golden Lions ATS Preview
The last time the Golden Griffins played, they beat the Texas State Bobcats, 68-62. Isaiah Reese led Canisius in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. The Golden Griffins forced 18 turnovers and held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.460 (below the 0.515 mark opponents have averaged against Canisius this season).
The Golden Lions are trying to rebound after their 78-69 loss to the Pacific Tigers in their last outing. Martaveous McKnight led UAPB in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Pacific did a great job of making free throws (36-46; 78.3 percent). UAPB, meanwhile, forced the Tigers into a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above their season average of 16.1).
It could be a sloppy game for the UAPB offense. Dating back to last season, UAPB ranks 351st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 25.4 percent), while the gambling defense of Canisius has forced the 55th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.9 percent).
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. UAPB Golden Lions ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- he Golden Lions rank 174th in blocks per game (3.1) while the Golden Griffins rank 275th (2.1).
- Canisius ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while UAPB ranks 242nd (36.9).
- Canisius ranks fifth in assists per game (17.5) while UAPB ranks 314th (10.2).
- The Golden Griffins rank 80th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while the Golden Lions rank 283rd (9.2).
- Canisius ranks 47th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while UAPB ranks 216th (19.8).