The Buffalo Bulls and Canisius Golden Griffins will battle at Alumni Arena to kick off the new season. Buffalo opened as an 8.5-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 156.5 points. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Buffalo Bulls Betting Preview
Last season, Buffalo was unable make the tournament following a 17-15 regular season campaign. Canisius also failed to reach the tournament following an 18-15 regular season.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Buffalo. In the 2016-17 season, Buffalo ranked 275th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the pesky defense of Canisius forced the 47th-most turnovers in the nation (21.0 percent). ,
The Golden Griffins had a respectable 18-15 straight up (SU) record last season, but were just 16-15 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of Canisius’ games finished over the O/U total.
On the other side, the Bulls owned records of 17-15 SU and 16-11-1 ATS last season. A little over half of Buffalo’s games finished over the O/U total.
The Golden Griffins won the sole game against the Bulls last season, 94-87. Canisius was lights out from beyond the arc (14-30; 46.7 percent). Buffalo, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.314 vs. 0.286).
Canisius Golden Griffins at Buffalo Bulls Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Griffins rank 52nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Bulls rank 154th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- Canisius averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 92nd in the NCAA. Buffalo ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Buffalo ranks seventh in rebounds per game (40.4) while Canisius ranks 274th (32.9).
- The Bulls rank 84th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Golden Griffins rank 268th (1.9).
- Canisius averages 17.7 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. Buffalo ranks 113th in assists allowed per game (12.7).