The Albany Great Danes (10-2) can continue a six-game home winning streak when they challenge the Canisius Golden Griffins (4-6) at SEFCU Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Albany Great Danes Free Preview
In the Golden Griffins last game, they were beaten by the Evansville Aces, 65-58. With 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Jermaine Crumpton led Canisius in scoring. Evansville did a great job of making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). Canisius, on the other hand, held the Aces to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7 (below their season average of 28.7).
The Great Danes are trying to rebound after their 67-58 loss to the Memphis Tigers in their last matchup. Joe Cremo was Albany’s leading scorer with 16 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Memphis did a great job of making free throws (17-24; 70.8 percent). Albany, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 37.8).
The productive offense of Albany (23rd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 116.9) will square off against the porous defense of Canisius (256th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 106.0). The Great Danes figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Golden Griffins won the lone game last season, 77-64. Canisius did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (13-17; 76.5 percent). Albany, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 18.2).
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Albany Great Danes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- The Golden Griffins rank 45th in assists per game (16.2) while the Great Danes rank 174th (12.8).
- Canisius ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Albany ranks 269th (15.3).
- The Great Danes rank 69th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Golden Griffins rank 253rd (32.3).
- Canisius ranks seventh in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while Albany ranks 169th (4.3).
- The Great Danes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Griffins have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average).