The Robert Morris Colonials (6-6) will be at home in A.J. Palumbo Center when they challenge the Canisius Golden Griffins (5-7). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Robert Morris Colonials Free Preview
The Golden Griffins defeated the Elon Phoenix in their last matchup, 67-51. With 13 points and eight rebounds, Malik Johnson had a good performance for Canisius. Canisius dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.143 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 15.3 (better than their season average of 20.4). Elon had marks of 0.056 and 19.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Colonials played, they were defeated by the North Carolina State Wolfpack, 81-69. Matty McConnell was Robert Morris leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-15 shooting. One of North Carolina State’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 41 free throw attempts, while Robert Morris had just 22.
It will be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-tempo Colonials (ranked 94th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Golden Griffins (305th in possessions per game). Also, the Golden Griffins rank 326th in turnover percentage (22.7 percent), while the Colonials rank sixth in opponents turnover percentage (26.0 percent).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Golden Griffins, it’s been Jermaine Crumpton, who has averaged 18.0 points and 6.0 rebounds, while the Colonials have received solid contributions from Dachon Burke (21.0 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.0 steals).
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Robert Morris Colonials Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Over
- The Colonials rank 39th in steals per game (8.1) while the Golden Griffins rank 158th (5.4).
- Canisius ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Robert Morris ranks 130th (22.8).
- Canisius ranks 41st in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Robert Morris ranks 231st (39.0).
- The Golden Griffins rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while the Colonials rank 155th (4.7).
- Canisius ranks 44th in assists per game (16.5) while Robert Morris ranks 171st (12.8).
- The Colonials average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Griffins have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (6.1 below their season average).