The Canisius Golden Griffins (12-14, 9-5 MAAC) will be at the OceanFirst Bank Center to meet the Monmouth Hawks (10-18, 9-6 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 22, 2019, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Canisius Golden Griffins at Monmouth Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Hawks fell to the Marist Red Foxes, 75-67, while the Golden Griffins were defeated by the Manhattan Jaspers, 70-65.
Canisius did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (16-21; 76.2 percent) while Monmouth had a turnover percentage of 5.1 (better than their season average of 19.3). Diago Quinn had a good game for Monmouth with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Canisius was lifted by Jibreel Faulkner, who put up 20 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Takal Molson led the Golden Griffins to an 80-66 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 18 points. Canisius had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.704 vs. 0.411). Monmouth, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (20-25; 80.0 percent).
The aggressive Monmouth offense could be living from the free throw line in this matchup. The Hawks currently rank 36th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.281, while Canisius is among the country’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 274th-ranked FTA rate of 0.256).
Canisius Golden Griffins at Monmouth Hawks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Under
- Canisius ranks 84th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Monmouth ranks 289th (16.6).
- The Hawks rank 185th in rebounds per game (34.6) while the Golden Griffins rank 264th (32.1).
- Canisius ranks 125th in blocks per game (3.2) while Monmouth ranks 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Golden Griffins rank 74th in assists per game (14.6) while the Hawks rank 243rd (11.0).
- Canisius ranks 48th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Monmouth ranks 160th (7.0).
- During their last five games, the Golden Griffins have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Monmouth has been defeated by an average of 7.2 points.