BigSou foes will collide when the Presbyterian Blue Hose (8-8, 1-2 BigSou) challenge the Campbell Fighting Camels (7-8, 1-2 BigSou) at Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Presbyterian Blue Hose ATS Preview
The last time the Fighting Camels played, they were victorious over the Winthrop Eagles, 88-77. Chris Clemons was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 9-for-12 shooting. The Fighting Camels knocked down 31 of their 37 free throws (83.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.580).
The Blue Hose are hoping for a better outcome after their 60-48 loss to the Liberty Flames in their last contest. Reggie Dillard was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Liberty’s 0.140 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Presbyterian, who had a mark of 0.036. The Flames mark was below their season average of 0.296, while the Blue Hose’s was below their season average of 0.227.
Campbell could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Fighting Camels rank 33rd in offensive efficiency, while Presbyterian ranks 257th in defensive efficiency.
Francois Lewis has been impressive over the last five games for Presbyterian, averaging 17.0 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Fighting Camels won all three matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Campbell won 81-62. The Fighting Camels played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.511 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.644. The Blue Hose were 0.255 and 0.480, respectively, for those same stats.
Campbell Fighting Camels at Presbyterian Blue Hose ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Presbyterian, ATS Winner – Presbyterian, O/U – Over
- The Blue Hose are 21st in the NCAA with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while the Fighting Camels are 40th with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- Campbell ranks 33rd in assists per game (16.8) while Presbyterian ranks 170th (12.8).
- The Blue Hose rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Fighting Camels rank 123rd (7.0).
- Campbell ranks 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Presbyterian ranks 73rd (20.5).
- The Blue Hose have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Presbyterian has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (1.9 above their season average).