BigSou foes will battle when the Liberty Flames (12-9, 3-5 BigSou) take on the Campbell Fighting Camels (11-9, 5-3 BigSou) at Vines Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Liberty Flames ATS Preview
The last time the Fighting Camels played, they barely escaped the Radford Highlanders, 59-56. Chris Clemons was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 7-for-17 shooting. The Fighting Camels held the Highlanders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.406 (below their season average of 0.498) and had a better free throw rate (0.265 vs. 0.245).
The Flames are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-68 loss to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs in their last game. Scottie James led Liberty in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-10 shooting. UNC Asheville had an effective field goal percentage of 0.781 (above their season average of 0.537). Liberty, meanwhile, forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 26.3 (above their season average of 18.6).
The aggressive Liberty offense might be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this contest. The Flames currently rank 51st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.282, while Campbell ranks 245th in FTA rate allowed (0.256). Also, put-back points figure to be few and far between for the Fighting Camels. They rank 325th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 23.3 percent, while the Flames are second-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 81.0 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Flames won both matchups last season. In the most recent game, Liberty won 72-40. The Flames dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.630 and a turnover percentage of 10.2. The Fighting Camels recorded marks of 0.304 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Liberty Flames Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Over
- The Flames rank 111th in steals per game (6.4) while the Fighting Camels rank 146th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Campbell ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Liberty ranks 198th (23.4).
- The Flames rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.3) while the Fighting Camels rank 137th (34.9).
- Campbell ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.5) while Liberty ranks 159th (2.6).
- The Flames have been outscored by an average of 6.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Liberty has defeated opponents by an average of 9.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (12.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (7.3 below their season average).