BigSou foes will battle when the High Point Panthers (10-12, 5-6 BigSou) take on the Campbell Fighting Camels (12-11, 6-5 BigSou) at Millis Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. High Point Panthers Free Preview
In the Fighting Camels last game, they fell to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 64-57. Chris Clemons had a good game for Campbell, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-19 shooting. UNC Asheville did a fantastic job of making free throws (7-10; 70.0 percent). Campbell, meanwhile, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.9 (below their season average of 27.1).
The Panthers are trying to rebound after their 83-74 loss to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers in their last matchup. Denny Slay was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Charleston Southern’s 13.8 turnover percentage was their largest strength over High Point, who had a rate of 21.0. The Buccaneers mark was better than their season average of 17.6, while the Panthers was above their season average of 15.9.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Campbell should have a substantial edge. The upper-echelon Fighting Camels offense ranks 19th in the nation in that metric at 0.566, while the suspect High Point defense is ranked 136th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.494).
These teams have already met once this season. The Fighting Camels won 65-64. The Fighting Camels turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Panthers. Campbell had a rate of 17.5, while High Point posted a mark of 20.4. In the victory, Clemons led all scorers with 25 points.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. High Point Panthers Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Over
- The Panthers rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Fighting Camels rank 104th (12.9).
- High Point ranks 41st in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Campbell ranks 117th (34.3).
- Campbell ranks 111th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while High Point ranks 291st (14.2).
- The Panthers rank 22nd in steals per game (8.0) while the Fighting Camels rank 156th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Campbell ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while High Point ranks 169th (4.4).
- The Panthers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (11.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (6.7 below their season average).