The California Golden Bears (8-17, 2-10 Pac-12) can put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the Utah Runnin’ Utes (14-9, 6-6 Pac-12) at Jon M. Huntsman Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 139.5 points with Utah opening as a 14-point favorite. Action starts at 9:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
California Golden Bears at Utah Runnin’ Utes Betting Preview
In the Golden Bears last contest, they lost to the Colorado Buffaloes, 68-64. California’s Marcus Lee contributed 10 points and 12 rebounds in the game. Colorado had a free throw rate of 0.432 (above their season average of 0.235). California, on the other hand, forced the Buffaloes into a turnover percentage of 25.1 (above their season average of 17.7).
The Runnin’ Utes hope to keep it rolling after beating the Stanford Cardinal in their last outing, 75-60. With 18 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Justin Bibbins was the top scorer from either team. The Runnin’ Utes had a solid turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 16.2) and held the Cardinal to an effective field goal percentage of 0.415 (below their season average of 0.529).
Utah should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Runnin’ Utes rank 97th in effective field goal percentage (0.533), while California ranks 328th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.552).
Of California’s 22 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 12 of Utah’s 21 games have finished under the projected point total. The Runnin’ Utes come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-9 SU and 11-8-2 ATS, while the Golden Bears are 8-17 SU and 9-13 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Golden Bears won two out of three contests played against each other last season. In the last game, California won 78-75. The Golden Bears dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.400 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7. For those same stats, the Runnin’ Utes recorded marks of 0.143 and 22.2, respectively.
California Golden Bears at Utah Runnin’ Utes Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Under
- The Golden Bears rank 72nd in steals per game (6.9) while the Runnin’ Utes rank 113th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- California ranks 126th in rebounds per game (36.0) while Utah ranks 163rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- On the road, California is 5-4 ATS with 7 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Utah is 6-2-2 ATS with 6 unders, 3 overs and 1 push.
- Utah ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while California ranks 294th (15.3).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 55th in assists per game (15.5) while the Golden Bears rank 268th (10.2).
- Utah averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. California ranks 152nd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Utah is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, California is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Runnin’ Utes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Bears have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (8.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (8.1 below their season average).