Johnny Gaudreau, Matthew Tkachuk, and the Calgary Flames will do battle against Ilya Kovalchuk, Drew Doughty, and the Los Angeles Kings at the Staples Center in a divisional tilt. This one gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10 and it can be caught live on CBC Sports.
Calgary Flames at Los Angeles Kings Odds
Calgary heads into the matchup as the narrow favorite with a -115 moneyline. The line for Los Angeles sits at -105 and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total sit at -120 for the over and +100 for the under.
Calgary is 9-7 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 1.6 units this year. Through 16 regular season contests, nine of its games have gone over the total, while seven have gone under and none have pushed. This 2018-19 Flames team is 5-4 SU on the road.
Calgary has converted on 16.1 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. Its penalty kill is ranked 25th overall, and it has successfully killed off only 74.5 percent of all penalties..
Averaging 22.8 saves per game with a .872 save percentage, Mike Smith (5-6-1) has been the primary option in goal for Calgary this year. If Calgary chooses to rest him, however, the team might go with David Rittich (4-3), who has a .927 save percentage and 2.24 goals against average this year.
Los Angeles is 5-10 straight up (SU) and has lost 7.3 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Eight of its matches have gone under the total, while six have gone over and just one has pushed. The team’s 4-5 SU at home thus far.
The Kings have converted on just 15.7 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s ranked 23rd in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 11th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 81.8 percent of all opponent power plays.
Jack Campbell has denied 24.2 shots per game as the primary selection in goal for the Kings. Campbell has five wins and seven losses and has registered a 2.46 goals against average and a .918 save percentage this year.
Calgary Flames at Los Angeles Kings Betting Predictions
Pick: SU Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- After putting up a 2-5 record in games decided by a shootout last season, the Flames are off to a 0-1 start in shootouts this year. The Kings went 2-1 in shootouts last year and has yet to participate in one this time around.
- For both of these clubs, the under has hit in three of their last five games.
- After averaging the fifth-most shots in the league last season (33.6 per game), Calgary has attempted 32.9 shots per game overall this season, and 32.4 in its last 10 outings.
- Nine of Los Angeles’ last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals, and the team is 2-7 overall in those games.
- The Kings this season have dished out the 10th-most hits per game in the NHL (23.0).