The Loyola Marymount Lions (5-5) will be at home in Albert Gersten Pavilion when they meet the Cal State Fullerton Titans (6-4). Loyola Marymount opened as a 5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 146 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Cal State Fullerton Titans at Loyola Marymount Lions ATS Preview
The Titans fell to the California Golden Bears in their last outing, 95-89. Kyle Allman Jr. had a solid game for Cal State Fullerton, leading the team in scoring with 30 points on 11-for-18 shooting. California did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (32-42; 76.2 percent). Cal State Fullerton, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.490).
In the Lions last game, they were defeated by the Washington Huskies, 80-77. James Batemon was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Washington had a free throw rate of 0.393 (above their season average of 0.322). Loyola Marymount, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 28.9).
The aggressive Cal State Fullerton offense could be living from the foul line in this battle. The Titans rank 39th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.294, while Loyola Marymount ranks 337th in FTA rate allowed (0.337).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Cal State Fullerton games have gone under 71.4 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of games involving Loyola Marymount have gone over. The Titans have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (6-4 vs. 5-5), but both teams have the same against the spread (ATS) record (5-2).
Allman Jr. has been on fire over the last five games for Cal State Fullerton, averaging 16.8 points and 1.6 steals per game.
Cal State Fullerton Titans vs. Loyola Marymount Lions Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Marymount, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Over
- The Lions rank 62nd in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Titans rank 101st in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 170th in assists per game (12.8) while Loyola Marymount ranks 189th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- On the road, Cal State Fullerton is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- Loyola Marymount is 1-1 ATS at home with 1 over and 1 under.
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Loyola Marymount ranks 131st (6.9).
- The Lions rank 188th in three pointers attempted per game (20.7) while the Titans rank 253rd (17.6).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 128th in blocks per game (3.2) while Loyola Marymount ranks 170th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Loyola Marymount is 3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cal State Fullerton is 3-0 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Lions average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 82.4 points per game (11.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (4.1 above their season average).