The CSUN Matadors (6-23, 3-12 BigWst) will bring the regular season to a close when they take on the Cal State Fullerton Titans (16-10, 9-5 BigWst) at Matadome. Cal State Fullerton opened as a 7-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 141 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Cal State Fullerton Titans vs. CSUN Matadors Odds Preview
The Titans beat the Long Beach State 49ers in their last game, 81-71. With 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds, Cal State Fullerton’s Khalil Ahmad put together a good performance. The Titans had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.519) and had a turnover percentage of 14.6 (better than their season average of 18.7).
The last time the Matadors played, they were defeated by the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 82-73. Tavrion Dawson was CSUN’s high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting. UC Santa Barbara had a better free throw rate (0.170 vs. 0.097). CSUN, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 16.5).
Cal State Fullerton could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the nation’s worst offenses. The Titans rank 54th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.479), while CSUN is 289th in effective field goal percentage (0.487).
Games featuring these teams have typically gone under the projected point total. Cal State Fullerton games have gone under 72.7 percent of the time, while 61.5 percent of CSUN games have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Titans have a substantial advantage. They are 16-10 SU and 14-8 ATS, while the Matadors are 6-23 SU and 10-15-1 ATS.
Dawson has really been playing well over the last five games for CSUN, averaging 20.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 158 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 137. The Titans won 88-70, covering as 12-point favorites. The Titans played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.1 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.350. The Matadors were 23.9 and 0.157, respectively, for those same stats. Jackson Rowe had a stellar game, with 16 points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
Cal State Fullerton Titans at CSUN Matadors ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Cal State Fullerton, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Under
- Cal State Fullerton is 8-5 ATS on the road with 9 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, CSUN is 3-6 ATS with 8 unders and 1 over.
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 174th in rebounds per game (34.8) while CSUN ranks 274th (31.7).
- The Matadors rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while the Titans rank 65th (20.0).
- Cal State Fullerton averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 114th in the NCAA. CSUN ranks 146th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- CSUN is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cal State Fullerton is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Matadors’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, down from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (4.0 below their season average).