The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (4-5) will be at home in Moore Gym when they challenge the Cal Poly Mustangs (4-5). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Cal Poly Mustangs vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Preview
In the Mustangs last outing, they were blown out by the Fresno State Bulldogs, 83-63. Cal Polys Victor Joseph had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-13 shooting. Fresno State did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (22-27; 81.5 percent). Cal Poly, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 28.1).
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 90-87 loss to the Boston University Terriers in their last game. With 22 points and five assists, Malik Maitland played well for Bethune-Cookman. Boston University had an effective field goal percentage of 0.741 (above their season average of 0.491). Bethune-Cookman, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (17-21; 81.0 percent).
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Wildcats will look to push the slower-paced Mustangs. Dating back to last season, the Wildcats rank 80th in possessions per game while the Mustangs are 317th.
Cal Poly Mustangs at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cal Poly, ATS Winner – Cal Poly, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mustangs rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while the Wildcats rank 94th (20.7).
- Cal Poly averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. Bethune-Cookman ranks 141st in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Cal Poly ranks 66th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 255th (39.9).
- The Wildcats rank 45th in steals per game (7.5) while the Mustangs rank 179th (5.2).
- Cal Poly ranks 120th in assists per game (11.2) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 215th in assists allowed per game (16.3).