The Stanford Cardinal and Cal Poly Mustangs will go head-to-head at Maples Pavilion to kick off their seasons. Stanford is an 18.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Cal Poly Mustangs at Stanford Cardinal ATS Preview
Cal Poly failed to reach the tournament following an 11-20 regular season last season. Stanford also was unable make the tournament following a 14-17 regular season.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball protection could play a key role in this contest. In the 2016-17 season, Cal Poly committed the 27th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Stanford forced the 58th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 20.8 percent).
Last season, the Mustangs had records of 11-20 straight up (SU) and 10-17 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Cal Poly finished under the O/U total 51.9 percent of the time.
Meanwhile, the Cardinal owned records of 14-17 SU and 13-16-1 ATS last season. It’s tough to find a trend for games including Stanford last year in regards to the O/U total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Cal Poly Mustangs at Stanford Cardinal ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Cal Poly, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinal rank 86th in steals per game (6.8) while the Mustangs rank 229th (5.2).
- Cal Poly averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 116th in the NCAA. Stanford ranks 174th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Cal Poly ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while Stanford ranks 318th (15.8).
- The Cardinal rank 70th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Mustangs rank 254th (37.3).
- Stanford ranks 151st in assists per game (13.6) while Cal Poly ranks 300th (10.4).