The BYU Cougars (24-10) go head-to-head against the Stanford Cardinal (18-15) in the NIT at Maples Pavilion. The Cardinal opened as a 2.5-point favorite. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 150.5 points and it can be seen on ESPNU at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
BYU Cougars at Stanford Cardinal ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Cardinal lost to the UCLA Bruins, 88-77, while the Cougars lost big to the sixth-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 74-54.
BYU had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 14.5) while Stanford did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (18-25; 72.0 percent). Kezie Okpala played well for Stanford with 23 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Yoeli Childs, meanwhile had a good game for BYU, recording 20 points and eight rebounds.
Stanford does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 31st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.287), but BYU is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 22nd by allowing a FTA rate of 0.183).
Of the Cougars’ 31 games that accepted bets, 16 have finished under the projected point total. BYU holds records of 24-10 straight up (SU) and 15-15-1 against the spread (ATS).
Cardinal games also have finished under the total 54.5 percent of the time. Moreover, Stanford is 18-15 SU and 16-16-1 ATS.
Reid Travis has been playing at a high level recently for Stanford, averaging 23.8 points and 11.4 rebounds over the last five games.
BYU Cougars at Stanford Cardinal Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Stanford, O/U – Over
- Stanford ranks 38th in rebounds per game (38.5) while BYU ranks 272nd (32.6).
- The Cougars average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. The Cardinal rank 113th in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- BYU ranks 258th in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while Stanford ranks 265th (18.0).
- The Cougars average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 90th in the nation. The Cardinal rank 211th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- BYU ranks 115th in steals per game (6.4) while Stanford ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Cardinal’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (5.6 above their season average).